Welcome to Friendship Community Church Parent’s Day Out Program!
It is our desire and responsibility to provide a safe, nurturing Christ-centered environment where each child can develop physically, spiritually, mentally, and socially just as Jesus did. “And Jesus increased in wisdom, and stature, and in favor with God and man.” Luke 2:52
The Parent’s Day Out at Friendship Community Church is a ministry of the church to children and their parents. It is our desire for this ministry to provide the highest quality Christ-centered care for each child as well as provide an educationally rich environment.
The PDO staff will provide an educational program with developmentally appropriate, intellectually stimulating, and spiritually nurturing learning opportunities. We know each child is uniquely created in the image of God and seek to meet the needs of the individual child in a group setting. We have a keen appreciation that each child has a rate and pattern of growth specific to themselves, and in that respect, each child is different from every other child. Our goal is to give each child an opportunity to grow according to God’s plan, at his/her own pace. We want each child to understand the unconditional love and grace of God. Our sincere desire is that in all we do, the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, is glorified.
Registration is complete when the application form and the non-refundable $75 deposit are received at Friendship Community Church. A $75 registration fee is due for each child.
Registration Priorities are as follows:
- Friendship Community Church families and children of staff (opens 2/1/2020)
- General public by date application and deposit are received (opens 3/1/2020)
- Tuesday & Thursday from 9am – 2pm
- Ages: 12 months-Pre-K (must be 12 months old by September 1st)
- New year begins Tuesday, September 8th, 2020
- Program runs with Wilson County School System
- Tuition is $130 for the first child, $120 second child, $110 third child
- Tuition is due the first Tuesday of every month
Our teachers use a variety of preschool curriculum including Abeka. Children enjoy developmentally appropriate activities and “hands-on” learning experiences that seek to develop the skills necessary to be successful when they enter kindergarten. Since children naturally learn through play, our curriculum allows an enriched play experience that fosters a love of learning.
Our day is filled with planned and spontaneous moments of learning including:
- Circle Time with story time, learning, songs, and music
- Activity Time with art activities and learning centers
- Chapel Time with weekly Bible stories, songs, and prayer that share God’s Word and his love
- Play – outdoor and/or indoor play time
The program will provide a daily morning snack.
Parents provide lunch and drink daily for their child. The PDO requests children do not bring sugar filled drinks. Finger foods that are ready to serve are requested without use of microwave.
*Our program is nut-free.
Children in all classes, expect pre-k, will need a nap mat for afternoon nap and/or rest time.
Desiring that each child grow in their awareness of God’s love for them, our children gather together weekly for Chapel Time. This time consists of a Bible story, song and prayer all of which share God’s Word and his love with them. Teachers retell the Bible story during the week and plan activities that correlate with that week’s Bible story and truth.
We welcome you to our program and appreciate your confidence in us.